Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Blast the blobbers, what idiotic people they are. I can’t tell my hogs apart but wouldn’t want to do anything to them they’re wild animals.

Lots of biffing & things going on here, haven’t been able to spot male or female yet but assume the very large one I met round the corner of the garden the other night circling a smaller one & following it around was probably male & the smaller one female. Ton of poo everywhere, also when there’s been a couple on the camera having a bit of a chat you can see pee which dries up quickly in other shots. There were a couple of quite small ones who seemed quite ok with each other being there, one was drinking water the other just seemed to be being companionable. There was one picture I couldn’t work out what I was looking at, a hog had been rolled by another & I was looking at something on it’s underside that looked for all the world like a button, guessing it was it’s nose!

Maybe there’ll be a surge in the hog population this year because of the presumably smaller number of road casualties, the traffic here is minimal despite being a very busy road normally. I’m used to the racket of traffic but it’s nice & peaceful most of the time now. They’re also predicting a people explosion of babies called Isolation in 9 months time, that would be not a good thing, too many of us already.

Hoping you’ve seen Igel & Siili, if not then you seem to have lots of other visitors.

Oh yes – I’ve perfected the feeder so Chino, Nala’s sister, can’t get in or get the dish out. At last! Few builder’s bricks I rescued last year, couple of plants in pots & hogs (&mice) get the food to themselves also it’s easy for me to take it up to clean the dish & replenish the food & remove all the poo.

Hope you’re well & stay that way.

Hedgehog