Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

Nice to hear from you. Glad to hear you have plenty of hog activity there. So nice that hog life seems to be continuing as normal to keep us all sane.

Yes, that does sound like a male and female – the circling. The youngsters often are o.k. with each other, especially if they’re females. Some females seem to remain tolerant of some other females. Digger for instance would share a bowl with certain other females on occasion, but not others. Had to laugh at the hog with the button!

I’m a bit concerned that the traffic situation might have the opposite effect. That the hogs get used to the cars not being around so much and then they’re suddenly all back. I suppose it depends when that happens. Normally hoglet leaving home time is always a bad time and clock changing time a bit of a worry.

Yes, we could certainly do without a population explosion of the human variety! Glad to hear it’s a bit quieter there without so much traffic. I’m not far from a major A road and that is quieter, too. Driving to do the food shopping yesterday was quite strange, with so little traffic around.

Not so many hogs around the last couple of nights and I think only one last night, even though he managed to get himself onto about 32 videos in the feeding area. They were mostly males, probably all males, so I imagine that they came here to feed up after hibernation and are now exploring the rest of their ranges. There was one rather tyrranical one, so not surprising they didn’t want to be around him too much! Interestingly, he isn’t the one who was here last night. It was certainly more peaceful.

Still no sign of Igel or Siili.

Glad to hear you’ve got the feeder cat proofed. Bricks are so useful in the garden and with hogs’ paraphernalia. I never seem to have enough of them!

Yes, managed to avoid the virus, so far, thanks. That is, as far as I know. Hope you’re keeping safe and well, too.

Hedgehog