Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

it occurred to me the traffic thing could backfire when things get going again, think that was part of Frankie’s downfall as he died at the end of the Easter weekend (2 years ago, time flies) after a few days’ quiet roads when he’d probably got used to less traffic & got his timing all wrong. We’re virtually on an A road, it was where he was killed. Be happy if it stayed as it is permanently, regarding traffic.

Anyway, back to hogs. Some very thirsty hogs visiting so much so I started a topic earlier on the forum about putting water out to make the point a bit. The ground is bone dry so food will be harder for them to dig up, slugs (which aren’t the best food anyway are they) seem to have all but disappeared with the dry weather too.

So nice to see the activity going on pretty much all night here again, takes ages going through the photos to see what to save every day, not least because they spend so long drinking it produces masses of photos because they’re in front of the camera. Gives me something to take my mind off the ghastly virus anyway. May be an idea to move the camera a bit!

Have you been watching Chris Packham live at 9 every morning (on Twitter, YouTube & things I don’t understand) quite entertaining except yesterday a little girl made a pool from a plastic container but didn’t put anything to let hedgehogs climb out. She appeared to be trying to prop a small piece of wood at the end which may have been for that (wouldn’t have been sufficient) but they really should have made the point you must have a way for them to get out. I missed the beginning today so hopefully they mentioned it then, I tweeted Megan (his stepdaughter who’s on it with him) yesterday about the lack of escape for hogs but she didn’t reply.

One poor little hog coming here has been very badly striped with something, makes it extremely visible. Sad to see, it’s a real mess.

Frankie’s kennel is being made use of, the blanket is currently covered in poo!

Hope you’re still well, what’s happening in your garden?

Hedgehog