Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Oh, lucky little frog, I had a terrible accident with a frog in the garden years ago, made me do things differently ever since.

The slug thing sounds quite funny, but probably just as well the hog brought it back up – upswallowing we call that. Ron Weasley, haha!

We had a drop of rain last night too, filled the bird dishes so must have been a goodly shower.

Striped little hog was here last night, as it’s an infrared shot can’t tell what colour it is but it’s extensive & they must have had to hold it still somehow for a while to achieve it. Wish I knew who it was, they want shooting.

There was a very odd couple of shots right in front of the camera last night, 2 hogs, one closest & with its left side & back to the camera was quite flattened out & even appeared to have a dip between where I imagine shoulder blades might be, it was partly on top of the other which was in front of it & appears to be normally shaped from what you can see. The spines on the flattened hog were all laid flat, never seen that before. If it was the other way around I’d think it was a pair making more hogs, perhaps there had been another behind which was doing just that which was off camera! Seems a bit much to believe there were 3 in a row. The next shot was of no hogs as everyone had scooted off.

The kennel this morning had the padded blanket half out of it, the newspaper that was under it is all mashed up at the back & some dragged out the front. Oh yes, & poo everywhere. Going to carefully remove the blanket with my litter picker this afternoon & replace it further back & tonight the camera is going to be aimed at the kennel. I want to know what’s going on in there!! The world of hogs is a wonderful thing. If it didn’t use so many batteries up I’d set the video on it but not so easy to get batteries right now. I’m only going shopping once a week locally if I really have to for obvious reasons, for short walks with hubby to help him recuperate & to collect litter. Since Thursday I’ve filled 3 & a half bin bag sized bags with litter, looking like it should round here now & few cars or people compared to normal which suits me perfectly.

I’d take advantage of BT’s generosity while you can, Virgin have given me things I don’t understand & won’t use too!

Stay safe Nic. x

Hedgehog