Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Small mammal road signs success Reply To: Small mammal road signs success

Hi SeagullSuzzie, Nic and William. We all knew this would be an uphill struggle. I had the support of my mp (sadly lost his seat) who chased this up with the government minister who first broached this idea and had to be chased a bit to get it through, which it was. My then mp sent an email to our county council and I applied for the signs. This has been Completely Ignored. Not one word back.
The cost of road signs is beyond belief, I don’t see the rational for it. Anyone who’s asked for a “no ball games” sign will surely know how mush money it costs the council.
It is illegal to put your own signs up on a lamp post, otherwise I would have done it myself. Oddly, landlords advertising homes, fun days, cycle rasing and marathons seem to get away with tying tatty bits of paper to lamp posts with cable ties.
It’s a shame, as I’ve seen some very nice signs being sold by hedgehog st, or the h something something (sorry can’t remember the letters) it’s a pic of a hedgehog in a red triangle.
I suppose we could bombard county council Highways with requests and offer to go away if they let us put up our own, ones that weren’t hand made but bought…… Best wishes.

Hedgehog