Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice on hedgie house Reply To: Advice on hedgie house

Nic

Hi Jackietb

Sorry to hear about the rat. Similar thing happened to me a few years back. I was actually pleased that the poor rat found somewhere snug and sheltered to die. But not nice to find. Just as well you decided to clear out the hogilo!

Re. the hogs not coming. Quite often at this time of year there are mostly male hogs around. Males have larger ranges than females, so once they have come and fed up on the food you offered, they may have gone exploring other parts of their ranges. I am finding that some of the male hogs here will miss several nights and then might come back. So you might find they reappear. Fingers crossed.

Hedgehog