Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice on hedgie house Reply To: Advice on hedgie house

I’ve had 3 hogs visiting, two large and one small with some early signs of possible mating behaviour. It’s the nesting habits though that have been most interesting. A hog moved into one of my houses a couple of weeks ago, then changed houses, which enabled me to clean out the original house, then moved back. Now it’s moved out altogether, although at least 2 are still visiting and feeding. They’re definitely exploring their territory more. Over the last couple of years I’ve encouraged my neighbours to put out food and water and we now have a network of hedgehog highways between the gardens. It’s great to know they have so many feeding and travelling options but I still like to have residents! I’ve learned however that they do move nests regularly so you can take nothing for granted. I assume though, if there is a pregnant female, they will make a more permanent nest to give birth in and raise the hoglets.

Hedgehog