Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat spy camera Reply To: spy camera

I currently have three cameras and all three have different quality images with the most expensive being the worst. However, I put this down to my particular use rather than the camera. All three cameras appear to work great in daytime, recording HD quality. However, for night-time IR recording which is all I do for Hedgehog video they differ very much. The cameras by the way all cost £60- £80 so not in the expensive bracket.
Initially I used to connect each of the cameras to a DC power supply which was then put in one of those waterproof boxes and the mains lead run back to an outside weatherproof socket, hence no batteries required. However, I had issues with this method and resorted to using re-chargeable batteries, which I now charge approx. every 5 days. All the cameras are set to activate on the PIR between 21:00 – 05:00 with 30sec clips and a 3 min interval which is why the recharge is around 5 days of use. During the activation period I get anything up to 60+ clips per night of the hogs.
If you know the problem is power related, then maybe adopt a similar method as above to increase the battery life. Otherwise I would suggest setting up the camera parameters and testing whether the PIR and other functions are working as you expect. Each of my cameras has different parameters which can be adjusted and also, I have found some cameras store all the settings but some lose certain settings when the batteries are removed and have to be re-entered.

Hedgehog