Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Spending 6 hrs snuffling around my compost heap! Reply To: Spending 6 hrs snuffling around my compost heap!

Nic

Hi EmmaP

Glad to hear the hogs are back, despite the building works. I expect the hog was just having a general exploration and forage – exploring old haunts. In the process, it would be nice if it was checking out the hog box for a future residence, but I guess it’s a case of wait and see! The males tend to move nests fairly often and the females may not be quite ready to make a birthing nest just yet, but might bear it in mind for nearer the time. Fingers crossed. It would be lovely to have hoglets born in the garden.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Hedgehog