Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog out in daytime Reply To: Hedgehog out in daytime

Nic

Hi Montysmate

I may be misunderstanding what you mean, but it sounds to me not unusual for hogs to be amongst shrubs, etc. during the day – as long as they aren’t out in the open. If we didn’t have hog boxes, they would be spending their time amongst bushes, hedges, etc. When the weather is warm, they don’t necessarily make very substantial nests. But if he was out in the sunshine, that would not be normal – i.e. if he looked as if he was sunbathing – that sort of thing. In that case it is likely he is unwell.

If you are concerned, you should ring BHPS on 01584 890801 and they will be able to give you contact details of your local hog carer/rehabilitator and you can explain in more detail to them and take their advice.

Good luck.

Hedgehog