Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Where have the hedgehogs gone? Reply To: Where have the hedgehogs gone?

Thank you Nic. That’s really interesting. I didn’t even know there were hedgehogs visiting our garden until I heard a very strange noise when I looked out of the window one night last June. Since then we’ve watched their nightly visits right up until November 26th. They reappeared exactly four months later and I assumed we would continue to have their company. As you say, their access routes could have been blocked up with everyone doing more in their gardens during lockdown.

I haven’t seen more than three hedgehogs at any one time in the garden. I’m not sure how many were visiting but I was beginning to recognise three individuals from their markings and there were at least another two that I couldn’t individually identify by anything distinctive. I’ll continue to put out food and water and see what happens. They certainly seem to drink a lot when they do visit.

Hedgehog