Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs in Stocksbridge Reply To: Hedgehogs in Stocksbridge

Hi! I’m over in Liberton, South Edinburgh, and was delighted to see two hedggies in my garden last night, I think mating. They were making quite noise but wasn’t sure what it was.
I’m now wondering if I should try building a nest for them and start giving a bit of food? My garden is usually festooned with snails and slugs, so I’m delighted to have such lovely visitors!
Not sure if trying to build a nest is a good idea. I have a cat and lots of cat visitors at the moment, toms mainly, trying their luck with Bella, to no avail I might add!
I will try a little corner under the hedge and leave some water and food out tonight and see how it goes. However I do feed the birds on my hut roof and saw a rat there a few weeks ago. I’m working through the bird seed – have a lot of birds and squirrels feeding. Have a feeling I might be helping the rat population. I saw the posts about rats so that’s helpful advice.

Hedgehog