Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Wish I’d seen you & the robin, & love the reference to olden days when you dodged people on the same side as you. These days a look of horror & everyone dashes to opposite sides of the road before you even get to them. Except of course for the idiots & yes, I’ve also found men are the worst.

So good for you to have a frog still, some spawn would be even better. Poor blobbed hog, hope it all washes off soon.

The Ark food went down well, hilariously the calciworms were tossed aside the first night & trampled underfoot (accidental Led Zepelin reference there!) so giving them to the birds instead, I don’t need telling twice & some of them love the worms, specially magpies & a gorgeous glossy crow who turns up in the front garden.

Hog activity continues to be busy, squashing down the forget-me-nots between the feeder & the fence has given away at least one way the camera misses them, they’re behind it tearing up & down by the look of things. Field mice quite busy too, setting off the camera & sitting taking long drinks on warmer nights between racing back & fore with hog food for their babies I guess. I made a hole under the front gate a few weeks ago as there was only a gap in the side fence out there, put a makeshift feeder out with food & half a dish of hog food eaten each night so far. Feed them & they will come!

Hope rat continues to dislike kitten food, that’s pretty useful for many reasons. They’re actually very intelligent & affectionate, we once saw one at Secret World in Somerset called George. He’d been found in some woods & handed in as a tiny little thing, so small until he grew a bit they didn’t know what he was exactly & he was sitting on a girl’s shoulder ready for a demo. I noticed she was putting something in her mouth, pulling it through absent mindedly & thought it was her long hair & it turned out to be George’s tail.

Good luck with the seeds, I’ve also seen on the internet that you can regrow lettuce from the stump at the bottom of a head bought from the shops, spring onions if you cut off the end piece with the roots, leeks similarly if the bits are still on, all sorts of weird ideas. May come in useful!! Not too late to grow spuds in a black bag if you have the compost of course, never tried it but a good idea.

Hope hogs are busy entertaining you & you stay safe & well.

Hedgehog