Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Got Calvin back. Reply To: Got Calvin back.

I don’t recognise Calvin anymore, the only hog that I recognise at the mo is Skylar, who is fairly little but is always in the feeding station, and I think must be a girl, as a boy was trying to court her the other week (which could have been Calvin)

Sapphire is now Walter (as he’s a boy) and had to rescue him, as he was on death’s door last month, saw him out during the day, after not seeing him for a week (so thought he might have chosen to hibernate after all), and it turned out he had a wound on his rump, but have no idea how he’s got it as no puncture wounds.

However, he has been very laid back in the hogspital, and doing really well, wound healing nicely and has been enjoying all the food he has been given. he is now 1kg. So will be getting him back soon.

Skylar might be Opal – who was an autumn juvilnile last autumn, along with walter, Calvin and Sweetpea, but can’t be sure.

The way Skylar is eating, she’ll be putting on weight fast. I saw her self-anointing the other month, seemed she had found something squidgy to eat, I think it could have been a worm. I have never seen that behaviour before in one of my hogs.

Hedgehog