Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog trail camera problems Reply To: trail camera problems

Hi Lynn. I have exactly the same model Toguard H80. It was a present from my husband back in March. Unfortunately it has been the most disappointing purchase ever. The instructions are totally useless. Impossible to use the WiFi at all. Doesn’t work. The camera has been tried using different settings and bought 30 + batteries (Energizer Lithium Ultimate} so expensive. It won’t accept a micro SD card so have bought a new 32GB SD as recommended in the rubbish tiny leaflet. It has a fault for sure. I managed to get one night of a few little videos and pictures then nothing. Seems to work perfectly when set but after taking a single picture or tiny video it packs up for the rest of the night. We have a large and active hog population who are getting through heaps of food in our 3 feeding stations but no pictures triggered. I have narrowed down the fault to the battery pack. If you can test your individual batteries and map then 1 -8. Every morning one of them is a dead battery. I am going to try to return it as it should not die like this every night. Definitely strange battery use. It demonstrates on the screen that the batteries are ok but always just one or two have no charge remaining, so thrown away. No even steady drain as would be expected. Have a look at your batteries if you can test them. I will post again if I can get through to the customer support but hope they will swap for a previous model. No positive feedback anywhere for this model. Good luck. Regards. Grace

Hedgehog