Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat I’ve missed them! Reply To: I’ve missed them!

Hi everyone,
ironically after my last post stating that hogs had never had a pooh in the boxes, I went out to discover my first deposit!
It’s interesting to watch them in the evenings, you can almost set your watch to their visits. We have one that eats, then runs straight to the nest box for a bit, then emerges after about half an hour, has a drink and returns to the house for a while! Over the past two weeks or so we’ve been putting the camera in front of the gap in the fence between us and our neighbours gardens, which we realised was the entry/exit point. After the first night we realised that the poor things were struggling with the tight squeeze to get under a wire fence. We immediately set to work cutting the fence back and making it safe with duck tape. It was a joy to see them come and go with ease after that! I then started a hoggie log book, recording timings of entries and exits. So interesting. Trying desperately to distinguish one from another, it’s still hard for us! Though we have had some perfectly positioned scratch fests which have enabled us to see some definite male and female shots! I wish we could find out exactly how many visitors we have!

I hope that you are all keeping safe and well. Take care

Hedgehog