Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Best wildlife camera to use? Reply To: Best wildlife camera to use?

Thanks for all the advice.

The T20 cameras I have only take 4 AA’s and although they have a DC power port they don’t actually come with a cable. Although the instructions don’t recommend it I bought some Energizer Power Plus AA (2000 mAh) as they were £12 a pack but 2 for £16 in Asda and so far they seem to be much better.

I have the cameras set to record 21.00 – 06.00, 1 minute video clips and resolution and sensors to the max. I average about 10-15 clips per night (including 2 or 3 cat triggers) and so far the batteries are lasting about a week.

The main issue now is when to charge them so the batteries don’t run out but I’m not overcharging them? The way I always used to understand it was that it’s better to fully discharge rechargeable batteries to prolong their life but I understand the opposite is true for modern lithium ion batteries. These Energizer ones are alkaline so any expert advice is much appreciated

Hedgehog