Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Best wildlife camera to use? Reply To: Best wildlife camera to use?

Hi,
I have used various trail cams for a few years now to capture all sorts of wildlife in my garden. I have a Stealthcam which is great for small triggers at long distance (so you could cover an entire lawn for example and get all the activity), but is not great with closeup work. The best value i have found for hedgehog footage is an “Apeman” – I use the black LED type, so that there is no visible infrared signal. It focuses to within inches and can combine a photo and video footage on the same trigger. I only use good quality disposable batteries and with upwards of 30 triggers per night (with a pic and 20 sec video) + birds in the day so maybe 100 triggers per day – i only change the 8 batteries every couple of months – more often in winter, less often in summer.

Hedgehog