Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Best wildlife camera to use? Reply To: Best wildlife camera to use?

That sounds like great battery life considering the amount of triggers you’re getting. The Stealthcam is around £180 on Amazon which is a bit more than I want to pay for getting hedgehog footage at the moment, do people generally think the features/camera quality are much better when stepping up from the £40-£50 range to £150+?

After doing a bit of research online before buying mine it appears the biggest factor in video quality is the CMOS sensor and in the vast majority of cameras this is around 5MP and cameras with a higher rating tend to have the image interpolated up to 12/14/20+MP which actually doesn’t really improve the images and is more of a sales gimmick.

I’ve got 2 Campark T20’s now and they claim 20m trigger distance which sounds highly dubious to me and even if correct is maybe ok for large animals but useless for actually seeing hedgehogs in any detail at that distance. One seems to work ok at distances up to a few metres but the other one which is basically opposite but at a higher level pointing down has had hardly any triggers when I can see from the first camera the hedgy has been past several times easily within trigger range/angle of both cameras

Hedgehog