Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Igel is having a bit of a time of it then, the patter of tiny feet for you later this year, exciting! Wouldn’t it be nice if Siili came back, you never know.

I was still awake in the night last week at stupid o’clock & hung out of the bathroom window in the front of the house to listen to the peace, there were a few birds muttering away as the street lights keep them awake & suddenly a huge hedgehog came through the new hedgehog hole in the gate. It made a beeline for the bird bath & spent a lot of time drinking before trotting round the border & disappearing from sight again. It was magnificent & the biggest I’ve seen since the 80’s. I’ve been putting food in a makeshift feeder out there which has had someone visit every night.

The back garden is busy with spiky folk, one is my new avatar if you can make it out, rather a small picture. Rather a small hog too, it took a short cut through the water bowl as you can see. Lots of poo all over the place in the garden, now the soil is so dry you can see it between the plants as well as on the path & in the feeder. Discovered where they’re getting into next door’s one side behind their bins & under the fence beneath my ladders, cleared a better way for them now I’ve spotted it. That means they’re accessing all 3 gardens around mine as there are little gaps where you can see they’re going in to the other 2 as well. All because of a hole in my back garden gate a few years ago! My only worries are strimmers as 2 out of 3 of them use the things & the dog next door. I’ve warned them to look for hogs before strimming but you can’t supervise your neighbours so have to hope they do.

The grass verges were full of daisies & dandelions until last week when the council decided to cut it all .

Shame about your old seeds, at least you tried.

I don’t know if you watch Gardener’s World but Nigel Monty’s dog has died, he was a lovely dog I watched the programme as much for him as anything else.

Keep safe & enjoy your hogs, frogs & garden visitors.

Hedgehog