Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Just wondering… advice please Reply To: Just wondering… advice please

Thanks Stef, I was really worried, both of the times I did it. And felt relieved when nothing was in there. But afterwards, it felt great feeling that they now have nice clean homes to live in.

I was surprised how clean they were, Hogs clearly don’t like to poop near where they sleep and like to keep their nests clean. At least adult hogs who aren’t poorly I guess.

The first one, that I cleaned in April has been used for about 3 nights since, but has been empty for some weeks now, the second one, that I cleaned out last week, hasn’t been used yet. At present, I have no hogs nesting in my garden. But it will happen, I was lucky to have a resident hog all winter nesting in my garden, and then Calvin in January (when he came out of hospital).

But it’s been very busy each night, I miss a lot of the action as I’m usually in bed by midnight, but all the food is gone each morning. They don’t arrive until 10pm so I miss most of it. But at least I get a chance to see at least one hog per evening. I don’t like to fall asleep until I’ve seen just one, then I’m satisfied.

Hedgehog