Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Do you feed every night? Reply To: Do you feed every night?

Thanks for the advice.

I compared wet Whiskas and Pedigree Chum:

Pedigree Chum – protein 7%, fat 3.8%, calories 79/100g
Whiskas 1+ – protein 8%, fat 4.7%, calories ?
Whiskas Kitten – protein 13%, fat 3%, calories 72/85g

Based on the above the kitten food looks the most nutritious. I couldn’t get nutritional percentages for Spikes hedgehog food so can’t really compare it and I couldn’t get any figures for salt, phosphorus or calcium content on any of them.

I bought some Spikes Semi Moist when I was last shopping and thought it was very expensive at £4.99 for 550g compared to £4 for 2400g (6 tins) of Pedigree Chum which I have been buying so far. I noticed Spikes recommends a 20g portion which seems very small compared to the around 80-100g of dog food I normally put out, do people only use this much Spikes generally?

Hedgehog