Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat New neighbour next door has three cats!! Reply To: New neighbour next door has three cats!!

Nic

Hi shinamae

re. mealworms. What some people don’t take into account is how many mealworms the hogs are eating at different places they visit. Potentially they could just go round picking out all the mealworms. It’s a bit different if they are confined. There are some things available these days called calci-worms which, if fed decently, have a higher level of calcium, which some people are trying as an alternatives to mealworms. You just need to check that the calcium levels are higher than the phosphorous. Hopefully, it will be written on the packaging. But, I would still only use those as a ‘garnish’, but they may help to deter the cats from eating the hog food.

There isn’t a link on this page to add a photo, but if you have images/video somewhere else on the internet, which will have it’s own link, you can put that link on here. But you don’t need to set up an account, if you don’t want to. If you look through the information in that link I gave you previously, it tells you how you can get video put on Hedgehog Street’s YouTube. You can also put photos on the Hedgehog Street Gallery via Hedgehog Street Home Page.

Sorry to hear there are no hogs at the moment. I doubt whether it’s the cats putting them off. Normally it’s the cats that will give way to a hog! Fingers crossed some will appear soon.

Hedgehog