Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Do you feed every night? Reply To: Do you feed every night?

I think I’m going to stick with Pedigree Chum for now and add a little bit of Spikes Semi Moist now and then for variety as feeding solely Spikes seems a bit expensive, the hedgy seems to love Pedigree Chum also.

The Harringtons dried dog food I tried has been utterly rejected by all hedgehogs (little balls/cubes) despite being good quality and having decent meat content. I’ve been mixing it in with the wet stuff but they just dig through it and leave the dry stuff, picky little buggers! I’m thinking about grinding it up with a pestle and mortar and mixing it in 😃

I’m going to limit the amount of food I put out while it’s only being eaten by our resident and increase it if more hogs turn up regularly, he entered the feeding station 12 times two nights ago! He had polished the food off after the third or fourth visit but continued to go in and lick the plate 🤣

Glad you like the video diary simbo65.

Any cat biscuits brands recommendations is appreciated

Hedgehog