Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Do you feed every night? Reply To: Do you feed every night?

Spoke to the hospital last night as i collected Sweetpea. BTW they did say not to feed hogs just on wet food all the time, they need crunchy stuff as well as it’s good for their teeth.

So they said best to give them a variety of things. So I stick to three things, and reluctant to change, as when I have changed brands they have gone on strike. So I put out the wet food each night, and the cat biscuits and the Spikes semi moist.

I want to change the cat biscuits to kitten biscuits, but they like the current cat biscuits so much, I’m reluctant to do this. However, the spikes semi moist is small enough and not as hard and crunchy.

If we gave them just semi-moist and nothing else, I don’t think it would help their teeth as much as the dried crunchy cat/kitten biscuits.

The Harringtons food has been utterley rejected by my hogs to – even a rat who came to visit refuses to eat it. Someone gave me a bag as his cat didn’t like it, then it went to 3 other cat owners, before he gave it to me.

Perhaps we should write to Harringtons to kindly let them know that not even a Rat would eat your food.

Hedgehog