Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehogs in front garden Reply To: Hedgehogs in front garden

Thanks for the responses. I’m planning to make a double-ended feeder and place it under the hedge on the garden side. There isn’t much foliage low down on the hedge so i’m also planning to add a small picket fence along the road side against which I can place a log pile and allow leaves to build up to attract more insects.

My back garden isn’t particularly hedgehog friendly consisting of a patio, lawn with slate border and potted plants and there are a couple of steps to the lawn from the gate. I am considering cutting a hole in the gate and adding a ramp or two up to the lawn. I can also try and plant the border to make it more hedgehog friendly.
I will speak to the neighbours too but as things stand, without their involvement there would only be the one way in and out at my gate, would this be an issue?

Thanks

Nick

Hedgehog