Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Gone AWOL!!! :-( Reply To: Gone AWOL!!! :-(

So sorry to hear this Penny. I cringe when I hear the strimmers going and wish people wouldn’t use them! We too have had sad news and seem to be having hogs with back leg injuries. One of the ladies down the street who also feeds etc has caught 2 injured hogs on her camera and has stayed up and managed to get 1 to the vet. Sadly he had to be put to sleep. She is waiting up each night to see if she can catch the other one.
I think they could both be possible regulars to one of the food stations here as the food is now untouched.
Gutted!
I find it very hard when I can’t help them more and our hedgehog population is dwindling.
I hope yours come back soon

Hedgehog