Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Gone AWOL!!! :-( Reply To: Gone AWOL!!! :-(

Hello Everyone ,
Its so sad to hear about all your stories, thankfully I haven’t had too many hedgehogs that have passed away or have needed care. I’ve only come across 2 hedgehogs that have passed away – both was road accidents . one of them I didn’t recognise and the other was pretty sad because it was the hoglets in our gardens dad. Its so sad to hear about all the strimmer accidents that you have said and about the traps. I also agree with the fact that people have been buying more chemicals because I am lucky enough that my nan lives in the close as me I was able to help her (don’t worry I kept my distance)
because her neighbour who is also a close friend is very controlling and doesn’t ask before she does and because there front gardens are attached to each other she put weed and feed on the grass. my nan was very upset by this as she knows how bad it is and that I love hedgehog and its not very good for them. anyway I had a chat with her neighbour and she said she wouldn’t do it again so that’s good.

We also get a lot of hedgehogs in our garden but some of them have vanished as well we think they have got hoglets but we definitely have a few males as well. I am really worried because one of our neighbours put mouse traps out in his garden and I am worried that one might have got its foot stuck in it or something – he has already caught 2 innocent field mice . Im going to tell him to stop. do any of your neighbours do this ?
– prickles preservation society.

Hedgehog