Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Oh yuck, don’t fancy rat rocket either, I’m sure there must be rats around but I have yet to see one. There’s a suspicious hole in the border, don’t know who lives in it. Plenty of long tailed field mice still, haven’t seen a frog for years, I love them too.

For the moment I’ve stopped putting the cameras out because I’m having trouble with my eye & it’s really hard to watch, specially when the 40 odd videos are either of sweet nothing, Chino the cat, black cat unknown ID or a hedgehog’s bottom disappearing. The hogs are here all right, eating everything in the dishes front & back & muddying the water dishes walking in them as always. Sometimes poo just in case I’m wondering who’s visiting too.

The bird food I’d already ordered is mixed seed, sunflower hearts, nibbed peanuts, suet & stuff & to begin with the birds weren’t sure what I was giving them but they’ve got the idea now & mostly do a nice job of eating it all. Bought different fat balls from the Co-op which they said were horrible but then decided they’d better eat & now they’re happy again! It’s a no grow mix without seed husks, I used to feed the type you said you’d used & I had some lovely flowers including sunflowers & harebells growing years ago from that & lots of barley. I used to watch the hogs searching out dropped suet pellets, they really seemed to enjoy them.

Hog food at the moment is Spike semi moist, Tesco kitten dry food & the remainder of the Ark hog food. None seem to be favourite, I’ve put just one type out each night or all in the same dish & always all gone in the morning. The holes under my fences I’ve spotted are well trodden, there must be busy traffic out there each night.

Your wish has been granted as it was too hot for you a couple of weeks ago, the wind has been so strong it’s just as well I’ve staked most of my taller plants. A lovely cistus sunset is slowly dying, it’s such a shame as it’s very pretty.

I meant the Welsh government were being cautious with slowly coming out of lockdown, actual people on the street & in the few shops I go in tend to vary, the younger ones mostly being carefree about the whole thing. Some shops have reopened in the city centre but I won’t be going, some local ones too, self imposed isolation for me apart from what’s necessary still. Had an outing to my refill shop which entailed a very long walk as very few buses & they don’t want us to go on them unless absolutely necessary or keyworkers.

Hope you’re well & the hogs, bees, birds, ladybird larvae & frog are still enjoying your garden.

Hedgehog