Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Advice please – mange or just muck Reply To: Advice please – mange or just muck

with all the rain we’ve had lately, it could be mud –

I saw a lively big hog last night – and he had a patch on him on his rump – and I think it might have been Walter (who I released a month or 2 ago from a hog hospital) It appeared white to me in the dark – and I worried it could be a bunch of fly eggs –

I’m hoping it’s just mud, will keep an eye on him

The foster carer, told me, when she handed Walter back to me to be released, that his rump looks a bit strange as he had an abcess which had to be drained regularly whilst at the hospital, but then the foster carer looked after him for 3 weeks to make sure the abcess didn’t return, which it didn’t.

I didn’t get a chance to look at his rump to see what it looked like – because I left him in the release box – however when he chose to come out of the box, I didn’t see his rump looking any different to the other hogs.

So crossed fingers it’s just mud.

Hedgehog