Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat hogs this year are refusing to use the hog homes Reply To: hogs this year are refusing to use the hog homes

Hi Hedgie Lover, long time no speak! Gosh, it’s been horrendous here! I had such high hopes after hearing it was forecast a good year for hogs breading as it was so quiet!
My hogs came out and disappeared, had a good scoff at food and gone. I saw Heidi for a while, then Tommy, then Louie, who was born last Autumn. Tommy died in someone’s garden, after hearing kids screaming they found a dead hog after parents had a mad gardening day. Young Louie, we scraped him/her off the road the other evening. I was devastated. It was still living in the hibernation shed, had some food and water every night then went to for rage. Must have been on the way back home when someone ran over it.
No food gone for 1 night, but some had gone the next, so maybe Heidi back. Just like you, I hope they are somewhere safe. We all had a struggle last year with them disappearing. This year seems worse. We just have to live in hope. So glad to read your post and know you are OK, we are living through awful times aren’t we. We haven’t been out for 3 months. We may have struggled through with limited supplies, but the hogs and birds have had plenty of food! Made sure of that. Best wishes.

Hedgehog