Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Serious Biffing Reply To: Serious Biffing

Hi Nic, its quite possible you are correct. I have only been observing Hedgehogs the last couple of years, but have never seen this biting/shaking movement, its always been more Sumo wrestling style. Unlike most encounters I have seen where the dominant party arrives and immediately starts exerting their authority these two initially looked like they were going to ignore each other, before one of them starts things off. So that could be related to what you say, i.e. unexpected/unrecognised smells.
I still have no idea regarding the markings or what was used. I would say that at least 50% of the hogs I see have some evidence of marking so clearly someone in the vicinity is continuing to do this.

Hedgehog