Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

Hope you are managing to stay safe and well.

Probably shouldn’t say it (tempting providence) but it seems to be ratless here at the moment. Not, though catless! One of the cats has been seen sitting on the path waiting for the hedgehogs to go. But also one night I caught it under the cover in the feeding area. You should have seen it move, when I opened the door! Luckily, mostly the hogs get to the food first. Not surprised the cat didn’t want to confront one particular hog – he would probably have tried to roll the cat up! He does with any other hogs in sight.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your eye. It can be hard work looking through loads of empty/cat/rear end hog images at the best of times. I don’t always have time to do them all and have a bit of a backlog. Hope your eye gets better soon.

Butterfly numbers are beginning to increase in the garden which is nice. I had a small skipper in my wild flower patch, which I was pleased about. Loads of bees of various descriptions, too. Froggy is still around, although the pond needs a bit of a clear out – he seemed to be able to move across the top! I’m thinking of trying to have another pond, but maybe with a liner, so I can choose the various depths. Ideally I’d like a beach area both ends. But I might never get round to it! Sounds a bit like hard work! But, I have a patch of plants which aren’t really doing much and thought maybe I’d dig those out and have a small pond there instead. Wish I could magically put it there! It might need a bridge, too, though so I could get to the back of it.

The birds are their usual selves. Female blackbird still making her presence known if I’m in the garden and there’s no food in the bowl for her! Plenty of starlings and sparrows around as well. Not sure how they know when I’m going to feed them (the time varies a bit) but they always seem to be around waiting!

Hedgehog