Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap


Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Displaying “Hedgehog crossing” sign Reply To: Displaying “Hedgehog crossing” sign


Hi Dumfriesman, when I spoke with Highways in North Yorkshire in an attempt to get the official ‘small mammal’ road sign on a main road near me (which turns out to be an almost impossible task and was refused), they did say that I could put up a sign on my property so long as it’s within the boundary, not blocking any official road signs or a danger to passing pedestrians (i.e. overhanging path, or at risk of falling down and blowing into road). You can also work with your neighbours to put up signs on their property, maybe at the entrance and exit of the rat run. As Nic says linking your gardens may help, I got some planks of wood and made the necessary sized frames for a hedgehog highway hole and gave them to my neighbours so that we linked our gardens. The JAF Graphics sign is great.