Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Where’d they go??? Reply To: Where’d they go???

Hello, I’m new to Hedgehog Street. I had a Mum and three hoglets nesting in my garden this spring/summer. Have so enjoyed watching them from my first-floor window. I have two bought hedgehog homes in the garden but Mum has preferred a small compost heap at the back of a border between a wall and a very large plant container.
I have been putting food out for them (Spike’s hedgehog food and mealworms) but I have recently become concerned that these are not the best for them – a bit like junk food. In fact I’ve learned that quite a lot of pet food can be bad for pets in the long run.

Now found Ark Wildlife which has been developed for hedgehog rescue centres so feel happy that I can keep them fed and help safeguard them from long-term diseases. I still see the three hoglets on the odd time I go out into the garden late evening. They are still a lot smaller than their Mum.

Hedgehog