Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Where’d they go??? Reply To: Where’d they go???

The lady I spoke to at BHPS specifically recommended Spike, actually. But since she was also the one who said I should wait until October with cleaning the houses, perhaps she wasn’t as well informed as she ought. So what, then, is the best food? What would you recommend? I always wonder about dry food, because it’s so processed and as far from their natural diet as you can get. Is high quality cat or dog food better then? Something high in chicken contents? And how about fresh uncooked foods? Asking because my dog is on a raw food diet and she’ s never been healthier. So what could I give the hedgehogs that would most approach their ideal diet? I’d love to know.
Re wood shavings being wet, the houses here are dry as a bone – no rain gets in there. Apart from the wood shavings – which I saw today have been busily tracked into various entrances – they also have piles of leaves they can use when they want to. I pile stuff up close to the houses and they just use what they want.
Anyway, very grateful for your advice!

Hedgehog