Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Possible hoglets? Reply To: Possible hoglets?

Hi Nic, last night is the first time I haven’t seen them out. I put a long piece of hay diagonally across the entrances so know they stayed in but it was very wet and cold. It’s supposed to be 20 degrees here today so they may come out again. As for bedding, there is plenty of hay left around in various places under the tree as well as in empty plant pots (to keep it dry) that they have been taking,. Also long cut grass I left in piles but they’ve ignored that. When hibernating, do they just go in and that’s it until spring? Or will they periodically come out for water and food? Thanks for taking the time,… 😀

Hedgehog