Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice Reply To: New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice

Hi Kitty,
Thanks for your reply. I’ve upped the food and there was a few biscuits left this morning so I seem to have the quantity about right for now. I had heard that cat biscuits were best as they were regulated, but i bought the hedgehog pellets a month or two ago before I started thinking more seriously about feeding them (which was after we saw them in the garden).

OK thanks, I’ll take another look in the house in a day or two and see what it’s like, maybe give it a bit of a clean out.

My neighbour has mentioned seeing them around before, I’ll ask her if she’d like to give them an access point to her back garden, I’ll see if I can approach some of the others.. we just don’t know most of the houses as the other 2 closest houses have recently moved.

Blimey.. an army of ferrets in your back garden, that would be something haha! I’m also fortunate to be able to get 90% of materials from work too, otherwise it would be rather expensive to make yourself.
How large a garden do you have/how many houses? Do you know how many of them get occupied through the year? Would like to add more but were a little limited on space as our conservatory, decking and summer house take up most the room : /

Hedgehog