Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice Reply To: New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice

Thanks guys for your replies,

@Kitty
haha don’t worry, I didn’t take offence or anything. I shouldve said I bought the hedgehog nuggets while I was shopping in a garden centre a month or two ago, and thought as we had some local, it may come in handy. As I got more serious and read up on them, I read as you said, that ‘hedgehog food’ could be anything and that cat biscuits were better as they’re regulated, so that’s why I bought some especially (don’t own cats, just Degus and tropical fish). It’s Tom Chambers ‘Hungry hedgehog blend’ if that means anything 😂.. It is indeed more expensive than cat biscuits by quantity, but I add a pinch of them along with a lot of cat biscuits just to use them up really.
I’ve wondered where it may be nesting as I believe it’s very local (think it visits around half 7 as I’ve been out at 8 and the food has been eaten). Also have a compost heap so it could be in there possibly.. Don’t think it would be under the decking as there isn’t anyway to get underneath as far as I’m aware. Maybe I’ll cut a hole under it so it could be used with other hoggies. Was thinking of setting up another food station, and will consider more houses once I can get work to order more sheets of ply haa!

Hedgehog