Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Which food do you find Hedgehogs prefer Reply To: Which food do you find Hedgehogs prefer

My hedgehogs really like the brambles dry food and there is rarely any left in the morning and as we hosted recently up to seven different animals over one night. I scatter the dry food letting them search for it, it is in the same area but you wouldn’t know the I have used the same five or six square yards for several years. The big thing is that the cats do not touch it or the brambles meat which I use one tin over 4 or 5 nights and then a few nights without, if they don’t eat the meat the magpies will in the morning.
I know how many we get as someone locally is marking them, it helps from a counting point of view but it should only be done if the animal is being treated to help identify the success of the treatment.

Hedgehog