Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Litter question Reply To: Litter question

Hello All,

For those who replied to my ‘litter question’ post and are curious, all six hoglets are alive and doing well. I’m no longer worried about them making winter weight! I am reassured by how independent they’ve become, and how good they are at looking after themselves.
The two boldest have discovered the food bowls on the patio and they are visiting A LOT. I’ve noted that they like to eat from the same bowl and are keen to practise their ‘shoving’ moves, despite the second bowl being free! Are males more tolerant of eating with females? Sometimes they seem to get along better, so there might be more than two, but I can’t tell which is which.
Whatever’s going on, they have provided us with a ton of entertaining footage, I shall miss them when they are gone, although I hope they’ll stay around for a while yet.

Lily of the Valley.

Hedgehog