Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hedgehog menu Reply To: Hedgehog menu

Sorry, don’t want to open a whole new can of worms (!!!!!) on feeding but yet again I have learnt something valuable from this forum 🙂
I have two late born hoglets coming through the garden who are tiny. They are out at night, appear bright and active so I just want to stuff them to the gills so they may put on weight before hibernation!
Still got lots of hedgehogs coming through who munch their way through Spike’s dry biscuits. However, wanted to give the little ‘uns the best chance so bought a bag of Calciworms today because I thought it would give them extra protein without problems.
Have just a read a (very) heated debate on the forum from earlier in the year. I also feed the birds (but never mealworms because of the hedgehogs) but I now realise the calciworms are not going to be my hoglets best chance. They are going back to the shop and I just hope the little ones can put on enough weight with the Spike’s pellets and a friendly garden.
Thank you to all for helping to advise and support each other.

Hedgehog