Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Providing bedding Reply To: Providing bedding

I think what everyone here is doing is wonderful to help hedgehogs. Fancy them having special dry warm winter accommodation. It occurred to me my new small greenhouse is available for residents, but I’m keeping the door closed so they can find a more natural place to hibernate. I’ve built a couple of strong, dry houses and my little garden has so many leaves, twigs, grasses and small piles of wood and leafy twigs that I’m hoping it’s attractive enough to the hedgies that they can make their own nests and find adequate natural food too, though I admit I do provide supplementary food every night and love to watch them visiting..

Hedgehog