Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Dead Hedgy :( – Fireworks? Reply To: Dead Hedgy :( – Fireworks?

Hi there , if this is a small hedgehog weighing under 600g it will most definitely need help as its to under weight to survive hibernation and the rescue centre in your area will help and save this small hedgehog and also they will remove any bugs or fleas that this wee hog has…. but please call your local rescue centre and get him the help it needs as its not going to survive this winter, if its a small hedgehog… Cant help you regarding the fireworks but your local wildlife rescue will also be able to tell you if its petrified of fireworks which so so animals suffer with at this time of year!!
I just helped a small hedgehog 2 days ago and i had to weigh it and he weighed 498 grams and had to call my local wildlife centre and i was told these small hogs need to be around 600g by October to be able to survive the winter hibernation .. hope you let us know how you get on with your wee hog my friend… Xx

Hedgehog