Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hoglets in mid-October Reply To: Hoglets in mid-October

Ok, not sure if I have a problem here. I have one hog house which is currently the home to 3-4 hoglets. Mum made the basic nest a couple of weeks or so ago and then left. I thought there were 2-3 hogs but have videoed 4 together. They are sharing the living space but it is very cramped and since the weather has been very mild they have I think been getting too warm, and taken to sleeping in the entrance which is then even more crowded. As soon as one gets to sleep another one will want out and tramples over anyone in their way. It is amusing to watch but I am concerned that this situation cannot last all winter. I have bought another house and placed it a few feet from the occupied one, and put a few leaves and little straw inside as well as just outside the house. Only been a day so no takers yet, and not sure any of the hoglets want to give up their current pad and build a new one from scratch. Should I be concerned, or just monitor the situation. I have two cameras in the area and do have another house which I could move if necessary – Video

Hedgehog