Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Spring has sprung, they’re back! Reply To: Spring has sprung, they’re back!

Nic

Hi Annie

Glad to hear the menagerie there are all doing well. My little robin still seems to appear whenever I go out and can often be heard singing very quietly when I change the camera batteries, etc. Just in case I don’t see it, of course!

Sounds as if the hogs there are keeping you busy. My bigger hog has disappeared – hopefully hibernating. The hoglet has got quite big, but now has another companion – a smaller hoglet! It really is just as busy with video clips here as it was in the Summer! I hope the boys are doing ok hibernating in the second feed box -it’s easy to forget they’re in there.

The hoglets still won’t go in the feed box. There’s a nice bowl of kitten biscuits in there every night. They will go just inside the door, but no further – even if I put a little trail of food there. But at least it’s there in case the boys come out and they will know to go in.

Luckily the hoglets don’t seem to mind if the food gets a bit soggy. But they even seem to prefer the grass to the patio. Various cats turn up from time to time, but don’t eat much of the food – too much like hard work for them! Ratty finally disappeared and hopefully any relatives stay away! A pair of magpies visit in the morning and eat some of the leftovers. I probably put a bit too much out, but never know when another hoglet might turn up!

Good luck with the hogs (and the others) there. Fingers crossed the weather doesn’t get too bad for them all.

Hedgehog