Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Spring has sprung, they’re back! Reply To: Spring has sprung, they’re back!

Nic

Hi Annie

Good to hear you still have some hog activity there. Hopefully they’ll have a head start on the upcoming season.

The hogs here seem to have decided to hibernate despite the funny weather. No sign of any hogs for about 3 weeks. I’m still putting food out, but there is a corvid party every morning eating the food on the grass!

Froggy still seems to be around, but no frog spawn in the pond again – but I suppose it’s still possible. Unfortunately I also saw a ratty last night, briefly, but not eating the food. Also a cat which maybe why ratty only made a fleeting visit!

Yes, it could still get really cold. I usually see the first boy here about the beginning of March, but that could change. I hope they are ok. I saw a rat going in there briefly – a while back, but hopefully it was met with a load of spines as it seemed to come straight out again.

Garden bird watch wasn’t too bad, here, this year. Surprisingly a greenfinch turned up, but I haven’t seen it again since. Otherwise just the usual suspects, although the numbers of each species seemed lower.

Hedgehog