Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Hello, trailcam in my feeder last night had 66 short clips with multiple visits. Close inspection suggests there are recurrent visits by 3 different ones throughout the night (1 with a tick near its right eye, 1 with no tick and 1 with a small nick in its ear). That would account for the amount of food they have been going through the last few nights. At first I thought only one hog but now…

Last year I used a home made feeding station which needed a lot of adaptation to keep out the various local cats. So last month I bought a purpose-built one which was advertised as being cat-proof. The trailcam inside proved this not to be the case as two of the local moggies were squeezing in (must be very bendy). A piece of paving slab at each entrance seems to have done the trick so far – fingers crossed.
I have two hog houses (igloo style) but don’t know if they are inhabited. I also have a garden shed which has very good access underneath at one end. Whenever I saw hogs arriving in the past, they’d come in from the back lane behind the houses.

Hedgehog