Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings have had 3/4 hogs all winter Reply To: have had 3/4 hogs all winter

hello, good to hear the wee hog survived

I can only put wet dog food into a feeding station (with extra adaptations to keep the many local cats out!) – it has always been very popular with the hogs. My local hogs often left Ark’s dry hedgehog food, but have really taken to Spike’s semi-moist and also Riverside Woodcraft’s dry hog food. I recently discovered the local petfood shop’s own brand dried dog treats – they look just like the dry hog food (only bone-shaped) but have 80% meat content (poultry). Might try it once the other dry food is finished. Also they all hoover up any leftover calci worms dropped from the bird feeders.

Hedgehog