Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

hi, slightly quieter nights this week – hog(s) still visiting but not eating as much which I hope is a sign that they are starting to find more natural food during the milder nights we have had. Very greedy little mouse also visiting.

Annoyingly, I also found that a ‘new’ cat had managed to bend through into the feeder on several nights despite my precautions. Fed up with rearranging slabs and stones, so yesterday took delivery of a pair of purpose-build hog tunnels to go onto the sides of my feeder. Surely this will keep the cat out! Last night the hog/s visited, as did the mouse, but no sign of the cat.

Saw first lambs of the season last weekend, a skeins of geese flying overhead heading north.

Hedgehog